Okay... here goes... thanks gonzomamaknits for including me. I've had fun trying to think of something that is interesting about myself. Whats funny is several things I started to list involved other people and I thought surely there are SIX things I could write about myself besides reading, hiking and crafting.
1. I met and fell in love with my husband when I was 18. I'm now 29. I feel very fortunate to have found him so very young. To watch him become the husband and dad that he is today is such a wonderful gift. I think it makes me love him more.
2. We named our son based on the fiction character Korbin Dallas from The FifthElement. We put the name in a drawer in the back of our minds and years later, the moment we found out we were expecting, there it was.
When I was pregnant with my daughter, hubby put Leeloo on the list. Sorry, but I had to draw the line somewhere.
3. My economics teacher my senior year of high school was also my mom's economics teacher her senior year, Mr. Weeks. He was the toughest teacher and he had such a reputation for just that, even then. I remember having 'Zero Days'. They were random, we never knew when, and he would call your name, you stand, he asks a question and you either got a '100' or you got a '0'. Did I mention that you could get called multiple times during that hour?
4. I like to watch Mixed Martial Arts. UFC and PRIDE. I first thought that it was barbaric and disgusting, and every now and then it still looks that way, but hubby, with his wrestling history, has finally convinced me of the technique behind the fight. Every Wednesday night we record the UFC House, and usually rotate houses with a friend on the nights the fights are on 'pay per view'. Its awesome... no, really. I'm actually learning things like, "Rear Naked Choke" or what an "Arm Bar"is ... (I have no way of knowing if that is in fact the spelling or the correct names, but its what is sounds like they are saying.)... I even have a favorite fighter, Anderson Silva. And George St.Pierre.
5. I was born on Six Six. June 6th that is. The year of 2006... I had this sales associate, I was buying a nursing bra, my little girl was only 12 days old, at Motherhood Maternity of all places, go on and on about how they would be too scared to even leave their home that day... and on and on they went. I thought it was cool in a weird way. Not in that way... just that my birthday... well you get it... it wasn't like 07-07-07... but I had my glory. My niece was born 03-03-06, which I think is neat. And while we are on numbers, this tops the cake, my son was born 6-22 and during that time I was the store manager for store #622. Weird.
6. You never know what color my hair might be. As of right now I have a light brown... with a bit of peek a boo lights underneath. I tried to go for natural. The problem is I'm not sure what that is. Every since I turned 17, my first ever color, seen here, I have HAD to do something to it. I have learned that it is much easier to save your money and pay someone to do it for you.
There is a on going joke that the kids will be going through our family photos and be like... "Who are all these random ladies with dad?" I have had platinum blonde, kinda blonde, I've been a brunette, red head, black with blonde, black with red, boring brown, dark purplish, uuummm... did I mention one time I tried to get a perm and had to cut almost every bit of my hair off. I had a short pixie cut following that traumatic event. So no, there is nothing that could scare me with hair. Its just hair and it will grow back. Hopefully.
I enjoyed this meme very much. So, again tag you are it. Leave a comment and let me know if you have contributed... I can't wait to see... and learn.