Saturday, January 31

repurposing sheets and pants...

my nails...

SOOOO... I am so excited to report that I spent ALL night last night sewing. Yah me! Dad and the little boy played Batman Lego... and me and the little girl played with fabric.
First I made three cloth shopping bags. I brought this really old, shall I say 'vintage' sheet from a thrift store just for this purpose. I bought this over a year ago.

my shopping bags...

Then I made our 'field bags' for our journals. One for Corbyn and one for Myla. I used a pair of my old cargo hiking pants. (I used this tutorial from Lori.)

bye bye favorite pants...

These pants have been all over, I had them before we were married (so, we were still in Columbus, GA)...and have used them multiple times throughout discovering Arizona. Even though it was hard to make the first initial cut, I am quite happy that they will be used by the kids for this very purpose.

ready to go...

It looked a little plain to me... so I set it to the side and started working on Myla's. Then it occurred to me to get out my stamps and paint so that they could tell them apart. (I could already hear the disagreements).

completed....

All in all I had a wonderful evening. I listened to all my favorite music (Kenny Rogers was included), my favorite little girl by my side doing something that absolutely makes me happy. Its my therapy. How's your weekend?

(Also getting ready for a BIG testosterone filled weekend... UFC has a big fight tonight (2 of my favorites are fighting tonight) and then of course the Cardinals are playing in the Super Bowl, at the stadium of hubby's favorite team.
GO CARDS!!!!!


***update... I just thought of this... today being the 31st, I made SEVEN bags this month. The first two were when my mom was here, I repurposed the curtains I made for my daughter some time ago into bags for my mom and my grandmother. I can't believe I let her get on the plane without taking a picture. And then the other 5 were done last night. Go me for jumping into the new year with some new stuff!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are 'the bag lady'! How cute are those kids bags out of your old cargos! Love the stencils.

Lori said...

i didn't even realize when i saw your pictures on flickr that you'd made the bags yourself!!! let alone from recycled pants!!! :^D)

fantastic!!!

Anonymous said...

I wish you could teach me to sew! And BTW I own those sheets... they are on my bed now...